|Reference Number: SV19-43|
|City of Belleville|
Location: Belleville, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2019
Deadline: June 5th, 2019
Salary: $89,580 - $106,643 per annum
The City of Belleville is recruiting for an Accounting Coordinator. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance/Deputy Treasurer, this position is responsible for the management of the corporate Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) accounting program in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) Section 3150 and the City of Belleville Tangible Capital Asset Policy.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Professional Accounting Designation, CPA
- University degree in business or accounting
- Three (3) years of municipal or public sector experience
Asset (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Vadim financial software experience
- Worktech software experience
- Knowledge of public financial practices, reporting, and information systems
- Technical knowledge of capital asset policies and systems, combined with a knowledge of CICA and PSAB standards for capital assets
- Knowledge of the process for capital and operating budgets and the ability to integrate PSAB requirements into the budget process
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint) including the utilization of Excel for the design, analysis and implementation of detailed financial models
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills accompanied by an independent working style
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports of a specialized nature including complex technical reports
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (evenings as required)
- Salary: $89,580-$106,643 per annum (plus benefits, pension and vacation)
- Closing date: April 23, 2019 at 4:30pm
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.
City of Belleville
169 Front Street,
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|