|Herb Shaw and Sons Limited|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: November 25th 2018
Deadline: December 14th, 2018
Herb Shaw and Sons Limited is a well-established lumber company in the Upper Ottawa Valley. We are currently recruiting for an Accountant.
Herb Shaw and Sons Limited has a diverse workforce with employees contributing to various aspects of the business. The company is an industry leader and is respected for providing quality goods and services. The Accountant is a key position in the company and provides support to the controller for many aspects of the business.
The Accountant will assist in ensuring that all financial reporting is completed in a responsible and timely manner. The Accountant reports to the Controller.
- Perform or assist with monthly accounting processes including payroll, government remittances, HST, WSIB and other regulatory procedures
- Prepare financial analysis reports as directed to provide key financial information for the Controller and management
- Maintain internal accounting controls and timely reporting
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of various company reports and filings, including assisting with human resources functions
- Perform banking duties, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger responsibilities
- Prepare year-end working papers for the annual accounting review together with additional information and explanations as required
- Facilitate the company's health and safety policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects as requested
- An accounting designation, while not required, would be a definite asset
- Significant bookkeeping or accounting experience, preferably with a larger business (50+ employees)
- Experience with Sage accounting software, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger operations
- An understanding of payroll principles and procedures
- Good communication skills including writing business letters and other forms of communication
- Experience in preparing and explaining financial reports.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills
- Past experience with health and safety initiatives for a 50+ employee company is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a busy environment
- Experiencing managing others or leading special projects would be an asset
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, working 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and finishing at 2:30pm on Fridays. The company provides group health benefits and a profit sharing plan. The company is proud of their employees and their commitment to all members of the staff has been a priority since day one.
Deadline for applications: December 14, 2018 at 5:00pm.
Please direct your resume to Ottawa Valley Jobs via email: email@example.com. Resumes sent directly to our office will not be considered.
|Herb Shaw and Sons Limited|
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|