|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: January 30th 2020
Deadline: February 13th, 2020
Salary: $16.08 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for two Resource Teachers. These are temporary, full-time positions. Position 1 is 37.5 hour per week. Position 2 is 35 hours per week. Both positions are Monday to Friday.
The Resource Teacher reports directly to the Supervisor. The Resource Teacher’s main function is to assist the regular program staff with the daily responsibilities required for successful integration of children with special needs.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation required by Renfrew County Child Care Services;
- Attend parent meetings, IPRC’s, team meeting and staff meetings as requested by families and supervisor;
- Work in conjunction with a trans-disciplinary team, and follow recommendations provided by outside service providers in conjunction with integration services;
- Participate in discussions with integration services during consultation visits;
- Keep an up-to-date programming binder of a checklist, logs, notes, charts, team meeting reports, individual program plans, individual support plans, and integration recommendations;
- Follow through on suggestions to modify the environment to provide optimal development of children with special needs, to achieve goals and participate actively in the group; and
- Ensure daily objectives and long term goals are integrated into the monthly planning web and worked on as part of the daily program.
Complete Job Description
- Early Childhood Education diploma and membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators is an asset, but not required;
- Previous work experience in a licensed child care setting is preferred.
- Language requirement: English mandatory, French an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a multi-disciplinary team member are required;
- Knowledge and commitment to the principals of integration are essential;
- Previous work experience working with children with special needs is required;
- Display a high level of initiative;
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with people;
- Familiarity with all legislation according to the Child Care and Early Years Act of Ontario would be beneficial;
- Ability to work well within a team environment;
- Current immunization records.
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the families we serve.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance. Travel within the County of Renfrew will be required.
- Exhibit characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, and a non-judgmental philosophy of client-centred care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
- Benefits: 6% vacation pay with each pay
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
- Closing date: 13 February 2020 at noon
- Potential start date: 09 March 2020
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By applying to the PMFRC, you authorize us to store your information in order to contact you about future opportunities for a period of one year. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|