Bronte Construction prides itself on our innovative approach and expert team. Together, we successfully implement quality construction projects, with an embedded environmental focus that enhance communities for generations. Our team lives and breathes our founding principles which consist of safety, balance, culture, quality and character. Our organization is composed of long-term team members, who are passionate about doing their best work every day, on every site.
We are currently recruiting for a Supervisor, Mechanical Construction. This position is based in Ottawa.
Supervisors plan and coordinate production efforts of foremen and sub-trades under his/her supervision and motivates them to accomplish daily activities safely, correctly and efficiently. Supervisors act as a conduit between management, onsite activities, and owners to ensure construction complies with drawings and project specifications. Supervisors must understand how to effectively use Bronte workplace technology for equipment maintenance systems, scheduling, planning and cost controls.
- Supervise and direct construction projects in strict accordance with the contract documents
- Ensure verification of safety compliance with all labour forces including subcontractors
- Ensure completion of all daily reports including:
- daily journals
- daily invoice trackers
- daily health and safety documentation
- daily maintenance of records
- Responsible to enforce all project quality-control policies
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings
- Monitor construction to ensure compliance with the Bronte standards, design procedures, contract specifications
- Plan and implement construction schedules alongside assigned project managers
- Represent Bronte in project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the project
- Review up-to-date cost reports with Project Manager to analyze, determine solutions and correct any tasks that are not within budget
- Effectively written and oral communication with clients and project representatives
How We’re Different
- Annual rankings for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 as one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada
- Awards for the environmental project of the year 2018
- Participation in yearly training and career development programs
- Project performance bonus Incentives
Bronte Construction believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the province of Ontario, Canada.