|M. Sullivan and Son Ltd.|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: June 29th 2019
Deadline: August 28th, 2019
M. Sullivan & Son Limited is recruiting for an Estimator.
Reporting to the Pursuit Leader, the Estimator is responsible for all actions required to prepare estimates and tender documents for large commercial, industrial or institutional construction projects. These actions include estimating the cost of labour, material, and equipment, as well as the analysis of sub-trade requirements for upcoming projects.
The Estimator is responsible for all aspects of construction project estimating such that he/she is able to complete the entire bid from initiation to completion of the tender in a timely manner.
The Estimator works collaboratively with project managers, project coordinators, sub-contractors and suppliers to meet required deadlines.
- Working collaboratively with the assigned project coordinator, obtain bidding documents, determine the scope of work and define the contractual requirements for the project.
- Solicit and coordinate sub-trade tenders and supplier quotations for labour, material, and equipment to meet project specifications and budget requirements.
- Working collaboratively with the project manager, negotiate and award contracts to successful sub-contractors, as required
- Quantify all aspects of the tender documents using automated estimating processes, systems and documentation procedures.
- Prepare detailed project cost estimates and bids for senior management approval.
- Create a baseline schedule for approval by senior management (for determining project length and overheads)
- Monitor cost and schedule fluctuations; make appropriate revisions to cost estimates.
- Apply value engineering techniques to improve productivity and lower costs.
- Complete post-bid analysis on successful and unsuccessful bids.
- Contribute current cost and productivity information into the company database.
- Manage incoming trade and supplier information.
- Receive and manage sub-trade and supplier interests on various bids.
- Receive and discuss business opportunities with the Pursuit Leader.
- Respect the policies and procedures of the company.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Success in this position will include, but not be limited to, the use of construction estimating techniques and business acumen to ensure quality, accurate estimates of projects. This experience would normally be acquired through obtaining a university degree or college diploma in a relevant field, plus up to 10 years of estimating experience in a construction environment.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the company
- Effective problem-solving and decision- making skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently
- Effective organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of the construction industry and generally accepted estimating practices and principles
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- AACE or GSC designation
- CET diploma
- Commercial estimating diploma
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Construction Estimator (CEC) by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS) designation
- Certificate of qualification in a relevant building trade
- Construction site experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with estimating civil projects is considered an asset.
|Glenda Boldt, Director of Human Resources|
M. Sullivan and Son Ltd.
236 Madawaska Boulevard, Suite 100
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
Phone: (613) 623-6584
Fax: (613) 623-8768
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|