The Laframboise Group customer base in the industrial sectors is: petrochemical, ethanol, fuel, mining, metal production, power, food and beverage, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, utilities and water treatment sectors. Our mission is to be the constructor of choice providing superior quality and reliability in our fabrication, installation and service for all aspects of industrial multi-discipline projects while respecting worker safety, jurisdictional values and the environment.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical and Instrumentaion Estimator.
Our Cornwall office is seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Estimator who will be reporting to the Electrical Division Manager and senior estimators. The position involves working on a full range of electrical and instrumentation projects to analyze costs and prepare estimates, as well as provide technical and administrative support to project operations as required. The Estimator will work primarily out of our Cornwall office with the possibility of placement on major projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare electrical estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on request for proposal (RFP) documents, single line and layout drawings, loop sheets, cable equipment and instrumentation lists, schematic drawings and technical specifications.
- Coordinate electrical price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects.
- Solicit and review pricing from vendors and subcontractors.
- Participate in electrical site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing and turnover meetings with project management on successful bids.
- Participate in the procurement of material and equipment for secured projects as required.
- Coordinate various small mechanical projects.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Graduate of an electrical engineering program or equivalent experience as a qualified tradesperson in the construction trade.
- A commercial or industrial construction background an asset.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project), AutoCAD, and proficient with a recognized estimating software, preferably Accubid software.
- Planning and scheduling skills.
- Motivated and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of sub-trades and ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment.